Tuesday, July 10, 2007

[LotF] rant: Update Issues

Okay, some of you caught the link I left in the chat room, but here's the official word on the front page.

Remember ages ago when I lost my entire archive because one of the two KeenSpace servers died violently, loosing a randomized chunk of about 1200 KS sites? Yeah, me too.

In a wonderfully prepared move to prevent that incident repeating itself, ComicGenesis (mostly the same people, new name) has purchased a new server, backed up everyone's stuff, and moved it over to the new server successfully. The CG forums, home site, and site admin have not made the switch yet, and DNS is having random issues, but no one has lost more than a week's worth of comics. The CG auto-update system is not functioning properly yet, as you guys may have noticed, since a script went up Sunday night, but no new page on Monday.

The ComicGenesis staff are working on the problems. Working as CG Admin is done for love of the community, not for money, so Kisai and Strredwolf are working these issues along with their day jobs. Much kudos and love for them with it going as smoothly as it has. Hopefully updating will be functioning normally again soon. Until then, bear with it. I love CG, this place is made of win.

And, as for the two pages sitting in limbo where you can't see? I've tried a couple of back door ways, but I can't force an update through right now. I'm suddenly very glad my rant area is now an outside blog. I can get updates to everyone when CG isn't at top form.
So here are some temporary links: 57 & 58
Those files will be gone as soon as the CG page updates. The CG versions are a bit larger and not pixelated from auto-shrinkage.

from Legend of the Four

No comments: