Wednesday, May 30, 2007

[LotF] Rant: Sunburned

Monday, May 07, 2006
mood: Nauseated

So, I update. Update a bunch. I know it's hard to belive seeing the mediocre results but drawing the Amayinehi (a Native American water spirit/faerie) and the limestone spring that Big Spring Park in Huntsville, AL is named for has been intimidating the heck out of me. I'm not that proud of how the Amayinehi came out, but I have a couple of pages to reveal her details. I am however, very pleased with my results for the spring itself. I tweaked it a bit, but that entire steps down and stepping stones across things does exist. It's really cool. If you Google Big Spring Park and Huntsville you'll probably find photos of it.

I feel ill right now because my whiter than white idiotself went to the beach on Sunday. I swam in the Pacific fully clothed, now, THAT was amusing. But then I sayt in the sun in a tank top and jeans rolled up to my knees. I am lobster red, nauseated, and in a great deal of ouch-don't-touch-me-or-i'll-dismember-you-YES-that-hurts!

That character outfit design? I'm mixing Kat and Rev's submissions slightly. Ishi... I'm working on his new clothing.

EDIT [05/08/2007]: Okay. Normally I double-check this stuff before I post the actual text. But the place I orginally pulled the word "Aspara" from named it as the Native American term for a Water Spirit. I did some double-checks tonight, and that's wrong. "Aspara" is an Indian (as in India) cloud and water spirit/deva-thing. Bad internets, you betrayed me. I imagine the Sidhe common-speech (indicated to be in use by the "//"s) is something very close to Gaelic. Thusly I use a lot of Gaelic and Welsh words to name titles, affiliations, and other nouns for Sidhe, under the assumption that the full Sidhe meaning does not translate properly to English. But because the Water Spirit seen here is tied to a rather (locally)historically important spring in the Southern USA, I felt it necessary to use a Native American term for it. Thusly to refer to the Spring Water Spirit, Storm uses the Sidhe-common "Chibbyragh" (Gaelic for "spring; as of a well") and the Cherokee/Tsalagi term "Amayinehi" (meaning "water spirit/faerie") . I've gone back and corrected the comic.

Safe Journeys,
~ Lycorne

from Legend of the Four

No comments: